Fibromyalgia - Causes and Symptoms
Fibromyalgia... what is it?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by fatigue, widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, and multiple tender points — places on your body where slight pressure causes pain. Previously, the condition was known by other names such as fibrositis, chronic muscle pain syndrome, psychogenic rheumatism and tension myalgias.
Signs and symptoms of Fibromyalgia can vary; different people experience different signs and symptoms, though some of the more common Fibromyalgia symptoms include:
- Pain in specific areas of your body when pressure is applied. These areas include the back of your head, upper back and neck, upper chest, elbows, hips and knees. This pain is often accompanied by stiffness in the affected areas.
- Headaches and facial pain. Many people who have fibromyalgia also have headaches and facial pain that may be related to tenderness or stiffness in their neck and shoulders.
- Fatigue seems to be a common problem. Even if they have had plenty of sleep, people who suffer from Fibromyalgia of seem to wake up tired and unrefreshed.
- It's common for people with fibromyalgia to report being overly sensitive to odours, noises, bright lights and touch.
Other common symptoms of Fybromyalgia include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Chest pain
- Irritable bladder
- Dry eyes, skin and mouth
- Painful menstrual periods
Pain Relief for Fybromyalgia with Pain Relief Cushions....
Depending on the symptom, these cushions can be used in a variety of ways.
The cushions can be used either hot or cold to ease the pain and often associated stiffness of Fybromyalgia, depending on which works best for you.
The aromatherapy properties of the lavender scented cushions, combined with the heat, can be an essential aid in getting a good night's sleep...
With so many different designs and shapes of these cushions, there will be many that help with the particular area that is affected... such as;The 'Large' cushions can be used to help Fibromyalgia pain for almost any area of the body. Can be used either of large areas of the back or wrap around aching joints.
Read more... Large Cushion for Fibromyalgia Pain Relief